ACTIVE TRUTH is one of Australia's leading e-commerce activewear companies with strong brand values and a reputation for exceptional customer service. A size-inclusive activewear label that champions women's diversity, inclusivity and positivity, Active Truth produces premium products with a reputation for performance and quality.
We are on a mission to inspire confidence and empower all women by delivering superior products, an exceptional customer experience, and representing them in everything we do. This includes our commitment to diversity in our images and never digitally retouching women’s bodies. We believe the language we use is important and communicate inclusively and positively while consciously rejecting common assumptions, stereotypes and bias.
We want women to know they are seen and heard while having access to products that make her look and feel her best giving her confidence to be active for the right reasons — health, happiness, enjoyment, community and fun.
We are looking for a talented copywriter to elevate our communications and reach more women with our message and products.
About the role:
This casual position is for an experienced copywriter. The role will work in the Marketing team to help shape how we communicate with our community across multiple channels including paid advertising, email marketing, social media, website, blogs, product descriptions, corporate communications and more.
- As copywriter you will be responsible for creation and execution of copy that is engaging, cuts through and drives impact.
- You will thrive on working in a fast pace, deadline driven environment and will always strive to deliver high standard, market leading work.
- You will be required to develop strong working relationships with your team, peers and stakeholders.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the industry and brand, including an understanding of our customer, marketing challenges, business objectives and the role of creative copywriting in achieving those.
- Responsible for adhering to creative briefs, and timings; proofing and checking copy.
- Tasks will include creating blog posts, product descriptions, EDM copy, update and create content for our main website pages, writing social media content and paid ad copy.
- Coordinate and work alongside others to devise a content strategy/calendar
- Be responsible for ensuring consistency of brand and tone of voice
- A strong understanding of the Active Truth ethos and ability to communicate this in a distinct brand voice
- Proven experience writing blog posts, articles, social media and ad copy
- An ability to write effective sales copy and understand the customer journey
- An understanding of writing for digital platforms
- A Bachelor's degree in journalism/communications or equivalent work experience
- Experience in or writing for the fashion/retail sector is preferable but not required
- Strong copywriting skills and ability to apply brand tone of voice
- Knowledge or understanding of SEO best practices and how to write SEO-friendly content
What we can offer you:
- Attractive remuneration
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and vibrant workplace in Nundah
- Generous staff discount
- An opportunity to grow your career and be an integral part of a successful Brisbane-based business.
To apply for this role:
- Send through your CV and 1-page cover letter that specifically addresses our requirements
- Providing samples or links to work previously produced will be highly regarded